April 24, 2013

ABC Book

Well, it seems it's been almost a month since I last posted.  Although not busy with DT work this month, I have had a ton of other things keeping me busy.   I did, however, find time to work on this little book.  Not quite sure what to call it -- a glue book maybe?  It's not really an altered book. 
It started with a darling dessert book by Susan Branch I picked up at the thrift store.  I've always loved Susan Branch, so this little book was just calling out to me.  I thought her recipe pages would make a good backdrop for some vintage photos and other embellishments to go along with some of my favorite words, starting with A and going through Z.
Here are a few of the pages:



 


 
 

10 comments:

Robin said...

This is so darn adorable Louise! Hope you are having a great week.

Hugs,
Robin

Jacqueline said...

Lovely to see you are posting again, Louise. That cookery book looks too good to cover up! But you covered it beautifully in your lovely vintage style! Hope all is well!

Sarah said...

I really like what you have done with this book. It went from good to fantastic!

Lori said...

Fabulous! You do the BEST books! It's a GIFT, I tell you!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Louise
this is just precious! I love the sweet details and images you used.
Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day too!

Debbie K. said...

Very cute, Louise! It's so sweet and would make a perfect gift indeed.

Anke said...

Wonderful book, so lovely.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Hope all is well your way Louise! I miss seeing your beautiful work!

Connie said...

Gorgeous !!!
You are so talented :)
I am your newest follower, and would be honored to have you follow me back.
Have a lovely week.
Your cards and amazing.
Connie :)

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet.
Wishes
Lynne